We don’t know about y’all but June sure seemed to fly by for us! It was a busy month, but we somehow seemed to manage. Now that we’re finally on vacation we’ve had some time to reflect on what we loved during the month of June! Here’s what we’ve been loving:
1. Hunter Womens Original Vinyl Smock – We’ve had such a rainy month here in the south so this rain coat has been a life-saver! I’m obsessed with this jacket because its light weight and clear (which means it matches any outfit you might want to wear)!
2. ColourPop Super Shock Highlighter in Wisp – This highlight is the perfect summer gold color and I’ve been obsessed with using this color as an eyeshadow! Every time I use this color on my eyelids I instantly feel like a summer goddess!
3. Benefit Cosmetics GALifornia Blush – *one thousand heart eye emojis* This blush is everything! It’s a hot coral blush with just a little bit of shimmer which makes it a go-to for any summer look!
4. Sonia Kashuk Soft Focus Satin Matte Foundation – I got this foundation because I heard so many people raving about it and it is definitely worth the hype! The matte finish makes this foundation perfect for my combination oily skin and it’s so light weight that it feels like there’s nothing there!
5. Ouai Wave Spray – Ouai’s hair products are BOMB and their wave spray is no exception! I use this almost every day along with another product that I’ll mention later and these two products are my favorite to use if I’m wearing my hair naturally curly.
6. Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter – I’ve been using this body butter like crazy recently! I use it after every shower and it’s one of the only body lotions I’ve used that doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin! And the smell of this lotion is to die for!
7. OGX Anti-Frizz Hydrating Kukui Oil – I don’t mean to sound dramatic…. but this hydrating oil changed my life (or at least the life of my hair). I use this oil almost every day on my freshly washed hair to detangle and hydrate it. This oil also works great to tame any fly-aways after you’ve styled your hair!
8. Luxie Beauty Dreamcater Precision Foundation Brush – I got this brush in an Ipsy bag a couple months ago and I’m obsessed! Seriously, I don’t know what I did before I got this brush. It’s the perfect size to fit under the eyes to set your concealer.
9. Orange is the New Black Season 5 – Y’all this show needs no introduction. OITNB season 5 was a rollercoaster and I loved every minute of it! I’ve always loved the show and every year I look forward to the day that a new season comes out!
1. Beauty and the Beast – Okay, so I know I am super late to this bandwagon but I just recently watched this movie and fell in love with this story all over again! I am a sucker for all of the live action Disney remakes. They bring on all the feels! So being that Belle is my second favorite Disney princess, (Pocahontas is clearly the best one!) this movie was definitely worth all of the hype and more. I am thinking I will probably be watching this movie again very soon! (PS. If Emma Watson wasn’t made to play Belle, I don’t know who was!)
2. Herschel Supply Co. “Heritage Backpack” in Woodland Camo – I’ve had this bag since December but only recently started using it on a daily basis to carry my laptop and other necessities to work or even when I’m running to Anna’s house to work on the blog! I can honestly say, since graduating I forgot how handy it was to have a bookbag present to carry everything I need (and I’m sure quite a few things I don’t need) everywhere I go!
3. Quay “High Key” Sunnies in Black – I’ve been a huge fan of Youtuber Desi Perkins for quite some time so when she collabed with Quay to create these sunnies in multiple colors, I knew I had to check them out. As I find myself doing often, once I find something I love, I tend to buy it in as many colors as I can. I have these in both black and gold and as much as I love them both, I tend to gravitate towards the black ones the most. I especially love how oversized they are! (Perfect for people watching)
4. Men’s Drop-Front Shoe Box from the Container Store – When my husband told me he wanted these for his shoes I laughed. They are just so extra. And I honestly thought this up until he bought a few of them, and then I got a little low key jealous. I am a sucker for all things, organization. So these were right up my ally. If you or anyone you know has an extensive shoe collection and loves organization, buy these! The thought of owning these boxes is silly, but they really do come in handy!
5. Swig Wine Cup in Hydrangea – I purchased this insulated wine glass for my mom around Mother’s Day this year (of course I had to buy myself one as well), and she loved it! It is perfect for lounging in the pool with a glass of wine or even a mimosa! (which is what we did all day on Mother’s Day) Slap on a monogram and it and it is the perfect gift for any southern girl in your life! (but don’t forget to get yourself one too)
6. Ben and Jerry’s Oat of this Swirled – YUM. That’s literally all I have to say. (Because I mean do I really NEED to say anymore?) This is the most perfect ice cream ever. EVER!
7. Makeup Revolution Matte Blush in Nude – This has been more of a “fall” color for me in the past but for some reason I have caught myself reaching for this blush a lot this month. It is very pigmented so you have to make sure you tap a good bit off your brush before applying it, but I love the color payoff when I am trying to achieve a very subtle makeup look!
8. Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Wattles – When I first bought this shadow I was obsessed. I used it almost every day, but I forced myself to put it down for a little while and let it take a little break. I can’t say I forgot about it but what I can say is that I haven’t used it much since letting it take a breather! That is, until recently. This has been my go to shadow all month. This color is the perfect all over the lid shade. Do yourself a favor and buy it! Seriously, go buy it RIGHT NOW. You can thank me later!
9. Elf Flawless Concealer Brush – I have really been enjoying this concealer brush lately. At first I didn’t think I was going to be a huge fan do to how soft and fluffy it was, knowing that is not what I look for in a concealer brush, but I gave it a whirl and have not put it down since!!
10. Z Supply Symphony Dress in Olive – I purchased this dress not too long ago thinking it was going to use it at a “bathing suit cover up”. That was until I realized how comfy it was and how easy it was to just slip on and run some errands. I have since bought it in camo and wouldn’t mind having it in a few other colors as well!
2 thoughts on “June Favorites”
Great post! I love the way you’ve edited the pictures xx
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you!! Monthly Favorites is one of our favorite posts to create!!