It’s Chelsea! Just a heads up, this month has been SUPER crazy for Anna so we are doing our monthly favs a little different. Instead of putting both of ours together, we are going to just start out with mine and possibly post Anna’s August favorites a little later in the month. Hope y’all understand (and I’m sure you do), life just gets a little crazy and I am beyond proud of Anna for everything she balancing in her life right now! So fingers crossed she will be back by Friday’s post and if not we will keep you updated with where she is at!!!
So, September is finally here and I don’t know about y’all but in our neck of the woods that means it is finally time for some college football!!! Being from the South, college football is everything, and most importantly, it gives us the perfect reason to get all dressed up and crack open a few beers! If you’ve never been to a football game in the South (specifically at Williams Brice, GO GAMECOCKS!!!!!!!), boy are you missing out. It is a world like no other. There is an ESPN Gameday quote that says it perfectly “If South Carolina isn’t the essence of southern hospitality, I don’t know what is. Those women sure know how to dress. Of course, in the South, a college football game is practically a formal event. Everyone (especially the ladies) gets all dolled up. But USC takes it to a whole new level. That football crowd is like something you would see in Vogue magazine.” **UGH chills** With that being said, if you see us constantly decked out in garnet and black for the next few months, you’ll just have to accept it!
Anyways, we are back with another monthly favs list and I may be biased but August is pretty much the best month! After all of the birthday gifts that I received this month (mostly ones I purchased myself, because why not get yourself a few birthday presents here and there?), I figured I was bound to have a few good things that I’ve been obsessing over all month long! As great as it is to have those “holy grail” products you never wanna get rid of, I just love trying out new products (especially when I get to share them with y’all).
1. David Yurman X Crossover Ring – Okay so this was totally an impulse buy while I was on my cruise. I have had my eye on this ring for a long time but have never been able to pull the trigger. When we went shopping in St. Thomas and I popped into a David Yurman store where the sales lady told me they were having a sale, I was done for. I love mixing metals so i’ve been wearing this pretty much every day since I got it!
2. Sony Cyber-shot RX 100 – This was an early birthday present from my husband and I absolutely love it! It has helped out tremendously with the blog. I love bringing it when we travel to document everything (JK I really use it to take a ton of selfies). But really though, It’s so great to just toss it in my purse and go!
3. Sun Bum Cool Down Spray – I used to work at little surf/skate shop in my hometown where we would regularly push Sun Bum products on customers but I never really tried it out for myself until recently. I honestly really love the majority of their products however still usually find myself reaching for other lower priced sunscreens because I’m cheap and we go through a lot of sunscreen during the summer. This product however I will continue to buy! It has saved my life (or maybe my skin’s life). I burn sometimes however I don’t often “peel” after burning. I usually get in one really good skin peeling burn (TMI?) a summer and I’m good to go, but with this product it has really saved me from a few pretty bad sunburns. It is super hydrating and really cools down the skin. Defiantly a summer must have!
4. Popsockets Cell Phone Grip – I was 100% sure I would not be hopping on this bandwagon… (lol). But here I am, with a pop socket on my phone, wondering what the hell I ever did without one. That’s all I’m saying!
5. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Bow N Arrow – Kat Von D’s Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks kill it when it comes to their colors. Lolita is hands down one of both mine and Anna’s most worn lip colors! I have had my eye on this shade for a while now. I’m usually very picky about nude liquid lips because often they just don’t mesh well with my skin tone. I was worried this one would be a little too cool for me but boy was I wrong. I am obsessed with it, like literally have not put it down yet. I’m pretty sure you will catch me wearing this shade all fall long!
6. Riverdale on The CW – If you don’t know by now I obviously watch a lot of TV and after seven (ugh) of my shows were either canceled or had there series finales this past year I needed to find a new show to obsess over. THIS IS IT!!! Literally so obsessed with this show (mainly just Betty and Jughead). I’ve successfully gotten both Anna and my husband hooked too, so I’m pretty sure this is going to be our new PLL!! Now my only problem is waiting for season 2 to come out in October (literally just watched a sneak preview for season two in between writing this EKK)!
7. Soap and Glory Archery 2-in-1 Crayon Gel – I have really been getting into some of Soap and Glory’s products lately thanks to Anna getting me hooked on the Righteous Butter. I was a little more skeptical about this product only because I have trust issues when it comes to eyebrow pencils. It’s pretty much ABH brow wiz or nothing for me. Although I wish they had a better color range, (they only have two shades, boo) I really love this product. I’m pretty sure I’ve used it every day since I bought it. I’ve been using the brown shade and it’s a little bit lighter than the medium brown Brow Wiz I usually use so that took some getting used to. Other than that, I really have no complaints. I absolutely love that it has a built in clear brow gel. It keeps be from having to pack my usual brow gel when I travel and thats always a plus!
8. Burt’s Bees Itch Soothing Dog Spray – I know this product is so random but I love my dogs almost more than I love my husband (almost) so anything that helps them out is a keeper in my book! My Plott Hound mix, Chamois, tends to get really itchy during the summer. Our house backs up to woods so I don’t know if it’s flees (we can’t ever find any on her) or hot spots or what but her scratching drives me nuts so I had to do something. We tested out this Burt’s Bees spray and it really seems to be working. She is scratching way less and although she is scared of it (I’m not joking when I say she is scared of everything, just ask Anna if you don’t believe me) I will definitely be using this on her often!
Another month down in the books for us, and like I said before it was definitely our favorite! So many changes and so much going on in our lives, but it’s all good because we know that’s just how it is sometimes! Make sure to keep checking back for new monthly favs at the beginning of every month!
Until Next Time,