So I don’t know about y’all, but the moment I can put on a pair of ankle booties and not pass out from heat exhaustion is my favorite time of year. I know a lot of people wear booties all year-long with cute dresses or cut offs and I just want y’all to know, I am so envious. But it is just WAY too hot here for boots to even be considered in my spring/summer wardrobe. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll break out a pair of cowboy boots in the summer for Luke Bryan or Sam Hunt but it really doesn’t happen that often. Now that Fall is almost here and I am starting to stare down my boots on a daily basis, I have compiled a list my favorite ankle boots that I either currently own or have my eye on for the near future. Now let me be honest, it took a lot for me to narrow this list down to just seven, but I feel like if I went overboard it might have been a bit overwhelming and y’all might figure out how obsessive my online window shopping is. So let’s get to it.
1. Lucky Brand Basel Flat Bootie: These are hands down my favorite booties ever. I no joke own them in four different colors (and I wouldn’t be opposed to a few more). They are just so practical and go with just about any look. I recommend these boots to everyone so if you are looking for the perfect every day fall bootie, look no further!
2. Rag and Bone Walker Bootie: These are a splurge for sure, but I am always one to justify investing in a pair of boots. If you find the perfect pair that fit you just right and go with every look, don’t let them go. You’ll regret it (trust me, I’m speaking from experience). The color of these booties I think are what drew me in. I am a sucker for anything camel colored so these boots had me from the beginning.
3. Jeffrey Campbell Cromwel Cutout Western Boot: Everyone needs that one pair of boots in their closet that screams “HEY, I’m fun!”. These are those boots. The first time I laid eyes on these booties I’m going to be honest, I wasn’t sold. As much as I am one to splurge on boots (or maybe just shoes in general), I usually have to be sure I am going to wear them more than a few times. But for some reason I haven’t been able to stop thinking about these. Being from the South, anything western typically has my name all over it. So I’m starting to think these might just be my next shoe splurge.
4. Sam Edelman Case Ankle Bootie: I used to not be a huge fan of black boots, but I’ve realized with all the black in my closet, I’m gonna need boots to go with everything. Flat boots are usually my go to but I am in love with these heeled boots. They are so sleek and mysterious. Every time I look at them I think of Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow in the Avengers movies. They are definitely ass kicking boots and I LOVE that the most about these booties!
5. Jeffrey Campbell Tumari Cutout Ankle Boot: Jeffery Campbell is a genius when it comes to boots (that’s probably why I have two different pairs on this list that I am obsessing over). I mean come on, how can you not be obsessed with all of the detailing he puts into his shoes. Like I said before when it comes to my boots, the more western the better and these just scream “howdy y’all”. Okay, maybe not that country, but you get what I’m saying. I have a pair of the Lucky Brand Basel Booties in this color and they are for sure my most worn boots. This color absolutely goes with everything.
6. Frye Melissa Chelsea Boot: I am obsessed with the “Chelsea” style booties. I mean how could I not be, we share the same name! These boots have the edgy, moto style to them yet they are simple and classic also. Not to mention you can’t go wrong with any pair of Frye boots. They wear so perfectly and literally last forever. Other than having to have my favorite pair resoled, they are still in perfect condition. If you haven’t invested in a pair of Frye boots yet, go for it!
7. Vince Camuto Drista Stud Bootie: The hardware detailing on these booties is just amazing. They may not be an everyday boot but damn, why not own a pair of booties that make you feel as fierce as these look!? I see no wrong here. I can literally see all of the outfit possibilities flashing through my head as I am writing this. If these bad boys cross my path any time soon I can’t say they won’t be going home with me.
There you have it…
My list is complete, but it’ll probably change four more times before I can even break out my booties. Wow, I literally don’t know how I was able to say booties so many times in one post without making at least one butt joke? I guess I’m finally growing up (probably not). Anyways, let’s all take a moment to celebrate that fall is right around the corner and we can finally start breaking out our favorite boots!
Until Next Time,