I seriously can’t believe September is already over. It flew by so fast, probably because there was so much going on. I mean let’s see, College football started back (that alone takes up every Saturday for us during Fall), plus lot’s of bad weather (due to living near the coast, hurricanes usually affect us whether they directly hit us or not), our friends got married this past weekend, and I can’t forget, Jared and I had our 2nd wedding anniversary on the 12th. Oh my gosh and I can’t believe that I forgot to tell y’all but I finally changed my last name after TWO YEARS of marriage. I know, don’t judge. I had a few good excuses as to why it took me so long. Plus, all that really matters is that I changed it (and let me tell you, that was not a fun process). Anyways as fun as September was I’m SO ready for October. Other than August, October is my favorite month. Mainly because Halloween is in October and that is literally my favorite holiday ever!!! Also Jared’s birthday is this upcoming weekend (and it’s a big one) plus we are going to try and take a trip to Sky Top Apple Orchard in a few weeks to pick some apples and drink cider (future blog post possibilities?!?!). With everything going on this past month, I was still able to gather a list of a few of my favorite things from the month of September. Let me know what you think!!
1. Bath & Body Works 3-Wick Candle in Leaves – This scent is the essence of fall. It smells like spiced apples. Absolutely LOVE it. I seriously wait all year long for this candle to come out so I can buy a few and burn them all season long! I even bought wallflower refills in this scent to give my house a little extra umpf this season!!
2. Big Little Lies on HBO – As always, I’m a little late on this bandwagon, but I’m on it now and boy am I glad to be here. I started this series a couple months ago and only got through two episodes, I really liked it but I was in the middle of another show when I started it and ended up getting sidetracked and finished it instead. So here I am, months later obsessed and wishing it wasn’t just one season long. But whatever, I’m about to start the book, fingers crossed its just as good (let me know your thought’s if you’ve already read it).
3. Ray-Ban Erika Classic in Tortoise Gunmetal – Hi! My name is Chelsea, and I hoard sunglasses. (I get it from my dad, he has like 40+ pairs of sunglasses and the number keeps growing regularly). Anyways, these are usually my “everyday” pair that I keep in my purse and throw on when I forget to grab a pair on my way out the door, but I’ve recently been reaching for these more often (not just because I forgot another pair). Not to mention I’m a sucker for anything tortoise so well yeah.
4. Kendra Scott Danielle Gold Statement Earrings in Dark Red – There is a whole story behind these earrings, it’s annoying, I don’t want to talk about it. UGH, anyways, as you all know, I’m a huge college football (specifically Gamecock) fan and I am always looking for anything garnet to wear to football games. I ended up buying them for our first home game because we were having a blackout and I wanted to sneak a little garnet in there. These are seriously the perfect gameday accessory every and they come in so many different colors so you should be able to find your teams color easily! Now I’m secretly deciding if I want to get them in black too (probably).
5. Luxie Beauty Rose Gold Blush Face Brush 514 – I got this in an Ipsy bag a couple of months ago and love it. I usually use a fluffier blush brush however I’ve been picking this one up a lot recently. Now that it is fall I’ve been using more nude toned blushes and I like using a smaller brush for those colors so I can get a more intense color pay off since they are more flesh toned. If you ever need a good brush and don’t know where to look, Luxie Beauty is a good go to.
6. ColourPop Crenshaw Super Shock Eyeshadow – I bought this a million years ago when I was on a ColourPop bender and never really used it. It was part of Karrueche Tran’s collab with CP and at the time I just had to have it. Skip forward to now, when I’ve literally used it every day I went with a quick “less is more” make up look in September (which was like almost every day, I’ve been lazy, sue me). It’s such a pretty deep brown with almost a purply/red undertone. I’ve been smoking it out on my lower lash line very subtly and I’m obsessed.
7. Nestle Dark Chocolate Raisinets – I’m literally eating these as I write this. I rarely am not a big chocolate person (I know, don’t judge) but when I do crave chocolate, I usually go for dark chocolate. Then there is the fact that I’ve always been obsessed with raisinets, so when I saw these walking down one of the aisles of the grocery store I literally about passed out.
8. Swig 30oz Tumble in Rose Gold – Impulse buy? Yes. Do I used it all the time? Hell Yes!!! I’ve been a huge fan of the Yeti tumblers that everyone and their mom has. I’m more of a sipper than a chugger (that sounded weird but just go with it), so anything that keeps my drink cold for long periods of time is a winner in my books. But damn are those things expensive, not to mention if you want a colored one they are usually even a little more. So I’ve been trying some of the other brand’s dupes just to save a little cash. If y’all remember a couple months back I talked about the Swig Wine Cup in our June Favorites post. I love that cup, seriously still use it all the time, so when I saw they came out with these larger sized tumbler I just had to try it out (plus they make them in rose gold so there’s that).
9. Brett Young’s album “Brett Young” – So my mom and I like to go see Luke Bryan every time he’s even remotely close to us (it’s kinda our thing). In February he came to Columbia which is literally the closest he can get to us where Brett Eldredge (who I’m already obsessed with, mainly because of his dog Edgar) and Brett Young opened up for him. I believe this was around the time Brett Young’s song “In Case You Didn’t Know” was just getting big, but I had maybe only heard it once or twice and didn’t really know much about him. Boy did things change after that night. Damn his voice. It’s mesmerizing, as much as I love Luke Bryan and Brett Eldredge, I could have sat there and stared/listened to Brett Young all night long. *Swoon* This album has been on repeat non stop in my car since.
So that’s all for the month of September. It came and went and we have a lot to show for it. I hope everyone had an amazing month and is ready to take on October!!
Until Next Time,