Y’all, how on Earth is October already over. I feel like I was just writing my September favorites. Oh well. At least it’s almost time for Thanksgiving (and of course Black Friday shopping)! October was a blur, but a good blur! My favorite thing was definitely the surprise party we threw for Jared on his 30th birthday. It took a lot of planning and a lot of sneaking around, but we pulled it off very successfully (currently patting myself on the back). Now that October is over, I’ve got to start planning for the holidays. With that being said, I’ve never been one of those people that breaks out my Christmas decor early, and I honestly cringe a little when I walk into Target and instantly see Christmas everywhere (especially when Halloween hasn’t even happened). But for some reason, this year I’m really feeling it. I’ve already started counting down the days until Jared and I can go get a Christmas tree (we used to do a fake tree but somehow I convinced him to let me get a real one last year and I loved it, so we’ll be doing that again this year!) Anyways, if y’all need me, I’ll be sitting here mentally plan out a Christmas takeover of my house. Until then, make sure to take a peek at a few of my favorites from this past month, who knows there might be a few things on here to add to your Christmas list!!
1. Tarte Confidence Creamy Powder Foundation – I rarely use powder foundation. I bought this last year in hopes that I could throw it on on a day where I wanted a quick no make up make up look. But I never really seemed to pick it up. Honestly more than anything I used it to set my eyelids when I would put a little concealer on them. However I ended up picking it up a few weeks ago when I was heading out to run few errands and have been using it regularly since. I think the reason I didn’t like powder foundation in the past was because it’s always caked up and made my skin look very textured, but this one does the opposite! It makes my skin look super smooth (and who doesn’t want smooth looking skin?)!
2. Minnetonka Moccasin Chesney Slipper – Okay, so I usually don’t love house shoes, only because the first thing I do when I get home is take off my shoes. I hate wearing shoes. But Jared keeps it like 100 degrees below zero in our house so sometimes I just need them to purely keep warm. I honestly haven’t had enough experience with other slippers, so I don’t really have much of a reason for why you should buy these particular ones over other brands other than the fact that I feel like they are very reasonably priced compared to other brands with similar style slippers (especially for them being leather).
3. The Addams Family – Okay, so I know what you’re thinking… no Hocus Pocus?! Well I just want you to know, Hocus Pocus will forever be my favorite Fall/Halloween movie, but for some reason I ended up watching The Addams Family multiple times this October and it seems to never get old (but don’t get me wrong, I still watched Hocus Pocus a millions times as well). I don’t know what it is about any of the Addams Family movies, but I just love them. The dark, dry humor just keeps me in the halloween spirit (plus Wednesday Addams is my spirit animal). I’m sure you have but if for what ever reason you haven’t, watch this movie, its not too late!
4. Tarte Airbuki Brush – This brush pretty much goes hand and hand with the Tarte powder foundation I just spoke about. In the past, I’ve never really understood the concept of kabuki brushes. They’ve never done it for me. But I ended up picking this one up when I bought the powder foundation because I really liked how dense it is. It really helps to press the powder into the skin and give off that smooth skin effect I was talking about earlier. If you’re like me and aren’t so sure about kabuki brushes, try this one out, it will change you’re mind!
5. Elizabeth and James Nirvana Bourbon Rollerball – I love to collect rollerballs and other than Kate Spade Walk on Air (which is my wedding scent), this is hands down one of my all time favorites. It is described as smoky with a hint of sweetness, which is literally spot on. It smells like warm vanilla bourbon, and I am so obsessed. If you are looking for a perfect Fall/Winter scent, look no further.
6. Starbucks K-Cup Caramel Latte – I can not contain my excitement about these! This is what I get when I go to Starbucks (unless it is the holidays and they have my Caramel Brûlée Latte) so it is nice to be able to finally make something similar at home when I don’t have the time to make a Starbucks run. Pro Tip: If you like the Caramel Brûlée Latte as much as I do, try adding the Coffee Matte Creme Brûlée creamer to it. It is almost as good as the real thing!
7. Sheila Fajl Everybody’s Favorite Hoop Earrings – I love me a good pair of gold hoops. Seriously, they are my go to accessory. But I always have a problem with them being too heavy which means I usually either have to sacrifice size or thickness (which I honestly don’t want to sacrifice either). These hoops have been super hyped up where I’m from but I couldn’t seem to bite the bullet and splurge on them (they are pretty pricey) until recently. I really think once I was able to hold them and feel how light they were, thats when I made up my mind and pull the trigger. Now I want them in silver too, might have to ask for those for Christmas.
8. Jessie James Decker’s Southern Girl City Lights – I know I said earlier that Wednesday Addams is my spirit animal, but I’ve literally never seen someone with such a similar personality as my own. Jessie James Decker is so amazing, and her voice, holy cow, is extremely powerful with so much twang (which I absolutely love). It give me all the feels. I recently picked this album up after watching Eric & Jessie: Game On where I saw her recording a ton of the songs for this album. I pretty much bought it knowing I was going to love it, and wasn’t wrong.
9. KL Polish in Broccoli & Chocolate – KathleenLights is my favorite beauty guru/Youtuber so when she came out with her own nail polish line, I knew I wanted to try it! And let me tell you, it is SO worth the hype. In my own personal opinion this polish is perfection. Not only are her color choices spot on but the formula is excellent. I am very hard on my hands so finding a polish that hangs on as long as this one does is always worth the money. Now the specific color is seriously so perfect for Fall. It is the perfect dark chocolate brown you need in your collection asap!
Until Next Time,
2 thoughts on “October Favorites”
Minnetonka makes the best lounge shoes! I love mine! Great post! ❤️
LikeLiked by 1 person
Don’t they?! I wear mine all the time!!
LikeLiked by 1 person