Y’all, it’s been a busy couple of weeks and I am glad to have a minute to sit down and write out a new post. It’s one I am kinda excited about because I when Anna and I first started the blog last summer, I don’t think we ever really properly introduced ourselves. Lately I’ve been noticing on Instagram everyone has been doing a “Five Facts” challenge which inspired me to tell y’all a little about myself.
At first I was a little shook. It was super hard sitting down and coming up with two facts about myself let alone ten. I seriously thought about making this post “5 Facts About Me” instead of ten so many times that I’m actually kinda shocked that I finish all ten. But eventually I did and I hope they are interesting enough and help y’all get to know me a little better. I am an extrovert all day long and often have no filter, so it is really easy to get to know me in person but through this platform I find it kind of hard. But as challenging as it was, I low key kinda enjoyed this post. And who knows, maybe if I can come up with a few more facts about myself I can put together another post similar to this one in the future! Anyways, I’m gonna quit rambling on and let y’all get to what y’all came here for!
Fun Facts About Me:
1. I am obsessed with Southern culture/traditions. I have lived in South Carolina my entire life and I don’t know what I would do without southern hospitality.
2. Playing into the southern theme, my all time favorite food is BBQ. Seriously, I love me a good BBQ buffet and being in the South, they are not sparse. Mustard base BBQ sauce is my favorite (naturally)!
3. My husband Jared and I have been together for ten years & married for two! I just recently (on our two year wedding anniversary) legally changed my last name. (I know, I know… wayyy too long to wait to change your last name after getting married, but I had some pretty good reasons as to why it took me so long.)
4. I have insomnia. It comes in spurts and is usually stress induced. Because I often have late nights, I love to sleep in in the mornings (even when Jared and the dogs are yelling for me to get up).
5. I love quick weekend trips and although I love trips to the mountains, I prefer the beach. We have a beach house on Edisto Island and I will find any excuse to take a quick trip to the beach during the summer.
6. I get really bad anxiety while driving so unless I absolutely have to, Jared usually drives wherever we go.
7. I am an only child. I always wanted a sibling growing up (an still low key wish I had one), but my cousin lived with us for a couple years when I was in high school, so that was kind of like having a sibling for a little while.
8. I am that person that stops whatever I am doing to pet a dog halfway down the street. Honestly this pretty much applies to any animal, except cats. I am allergic to cats and honestly think they are kinda sketchy anyways.
9. Because of my insomnia, I watch a lot of TV shows and movies. My favorite TV show is Friends and my favorite movie is Sweet Home Alabama.
10. I am a mega sports fan. I know that is a pretty generic statement but I just love all sports. Baseball is my favorite with Football falling in a close second. I mostly follow collegiate sports with the exception of my favorite NFL (Broncos), MLB (Braves), and NBA (anywhere Dwayne Wade goes, so right now Cavs) teams. I grew up as and still am a die hard Carolina Gamecocks fan, but often I follow most SEC teams to a certain extent. (Extra Fun Fact: When Jared and I first started dating, he really didn’t follow any sports until I started forcing him to go to games with me. Fast forward to now where he is just about as aggressive as I am about them and often knows way more facts than I do)!!
Until Next Time,