July is one of my favorite months of the year and this one def didn’t let me down! I think I’ve told y’all 500+ times that I love July because we always head to the beach for the Fourth of July as well as it is prime time for other festivities like concerts and weddings. I also love July because it is a gateway to my birth month (August), so I like to consider it one big pre game!
As y’all know, July started out at the beach (I promise this is the last time you’ll hear me talk about our Fourth Beach trip until next year, haha) and we were there for about a week. The day we got back from the beach, one of my best friend’s little girl turned one so we went and celebrated with her! After that it was back to reality (at least for a little while). Pretty much, work, work, work, and then a quick day trip to Charlotte for a little Shake Shack (we legit drove an hour and a half just to grab a burger and I’m not even mad at it. I love Shake Shack so much). Gosh, July was seriously so event packed that I am having a hard time remembering what all happened, I am literally going through my photo album on my phone right now to help me remember everything. I did get my hair done, which doesn’t sound very eventful, but that was super exciting because it has been over a year since I last had anything done (I know, I’m slack but I have really bad anxiety when it comes to my hair, it stresses me out). I ended up going a lot more blonde than what I normally am but I absolutely love it!
Towards the end of the month things started to calm down a little bit. A friend of mine had her second baby (he is so stinking cute!!), Jared built me a set of shelves in my dinging room so I can store more of my Rae Dunn collection (obsession), and lastly but certainly not least, WE HIT 5000 FOLLOWERS ON INSTAGRAM!!!
Low key, I’m hoping August is a little more chill because July was so much. We don’t have much planned other than Anna’s birthday this past weekend and mine at the end of the month. I think Jared and I are going to head to the beach one more time in a few weeks to celebrate one of my best friends birthday’s and I would like to maybe head to Atlanta for a Braves game before the season is over. Gosh maybe we do have a lot more going on that I thought. We’ll see though.
Anyways, here are a few of the products that I was enjoying in the month of July. I think I did some major spending in July and didn’t realize it because this was only a few of the things that I had been using a lot lately and most of them are new. Hope y’all enjoy!
1. Sun Bum Pineapple Lip Balm SPF 30 in Pineapple – So I think I’ve mentioned before that I used to work at a surf shop when I was in college and we used to sell Sun Bum products. I used to buy them all because they are so good, including these lip balms. I liked all of the flavors, I think banana or key lime were my favorites but I was never obsessed with any of them. While we were at the beach this past month I lost my chapstick and ended up grabbing this one off the shelf to replace my lost one. I thought it was key lime at first because the key lime one has the same color lid but once I realized it was pineapple I was even more intrigued. OMG!! I loved this scent. Way more than the ones I have tried in the past. Plus it is super moisturizing so thats always helpful when it comes to chapstick, right?
2. Magnolia Homes Glass Seltzer Bottle – I bought this at TJ Maxx a few weeks ago to decorate a shelf that Jared built me in the dining room and I love it. It was the perfect piece of decor for this area. I do however have to be a little bit honest with y’all. I may or may not have originally bought this because I saw it was Magnolia Homes and I am low key obsessed with Chip and Joanna (like everyone else on the planet). PS usually when I buy things bases off of brand only, I’ll come to my senses and return it when I realize why I actually bought it. But I’m not returning this cutie!
3. Birkenstock Arizona EVA in White – I picked these up before we went to the beach because I was in desperate need of a new water shoe. I usually wear my regular Birkenstocks, which aren’t supposed to get wet, or a pair of Rainbow flip flops, which I’ve had for a million years, so I really needed something a little more suitable for the beach. These were perfect. They are light weight and made out of a foam material so they are super easy to to clean all of the sand off.
4. Lemon Oreo Thins – I HATE OREOS. Like I literally can’t even tell you how much I hate them. I’m really just not a sweets person but these are seriously one of my least favorite snacks. However, Jared and I were buying snacks for the beach and when he picked these up, I decided I would give them a try. I am so glad I did because holy cow they are amazing. They are nothing like Oreos and because they are thins they have less filling which is the reason I don’t love Oreos in the first place.
5. SUGARFIX by Bauble Bar Beaded Ball Drop Earrings – I love a good statement earring. I am usually one that gravitates towards minimalistic, dainty jewelry, except for earrings. I saw these while walking through Target one day and knew I had to have them. I ended up wearing them for the first time on the Fourth of July for a pop of red with my outfit. I love them so much I am considering buying them in a few other colors.
6. Scunci Spiral Twisters – I’ve always wanted to try these hair ties but for some reason always associated them with curly hair. But Anna and I picked up at pack a few weeks ago (at Target of course), and I haven’t stopped using them since. They don’t crease my hair which is a huge perk because I usually have a hard time with hair ties doing this. Another thing I love is that when I wear them on my hair they don’t cut off all circulation to my arm, so that’s nice.
7. The Old Whaling Company Coconut Milk Body Butter – This company has a booth in the Market in downtown Charleston and I always stop but never purchase anything. But on our way home from the beach a couple weeks ago we decided to stop by Charleston and I ended up buying a few products. I got two bath bombs and this body butter. I haven’t used the bath bombs yet but I have been using this body butter non stop! I love it so much, and my absolute favorite part is that the scent lasts forever. I put it on the other night before I went to bed and cold literally still smell it the next day while I was at work. I don’t know when we are heading to Charleston next but I definitely will be picking up a few more things from this company!
8. Wet Brush Paddle Brush – This was another suggestion from my hair stylist. I like to blow dry my hair straight so I don’t have to straighten it so often but I’ve always used a round brush which makes my ends curl under. So Meagan (my hair stylist) suggested I try this brush and once again, she was right. I haven’t straighten my hair once since I’ve gotten it done, yet it’s been straight almost every day.
9. Very Cavallari on E! – Okay so Laguna Beach was one of my absolute favorite shows growing up, and then when that ended and the Hills began I followed along with that too. I was always #teamLC, like I am still to this day obsessed with Lauren Conrad. So naturally I have always hated Kristin Cavallari. But for some reason this show intrigued me, and now I can’t stop watching it. So there’s that, I’m not proud of it but I actually kind of like her in a small (big) way.
10. Kristin Ess Weightless Shine Leave In Conditioner – As y’all know, I got my hair done recently and my stylist suggested I get a leave in conditioner. I think I received a few different leave in conditioners in Ipsy bags or whatever but I couldn’t find any of them so I went to Target and grabbed this ones. I have heard really good things about Kristin Ess products but hadn’t tried any. I bought a few of them and although I love them all, this one is my absolute favorite. I don’t know how I have lived without leave in conditioner my whole life!! PS it smells really good too!
Until Next Time,