Now that it is mid-June, we are able to look back on the month of May and reflect a little! For us, May was a little crazy. Our idea for a blog finally came alive and we are so excited! But with that being said, we took a little time to reminisce on some of our favorites from the month of May to share with y’all! Take a look:
1. Kendra Scott Elisa Gold Pendant Necklace in Iridescent Drusy – This is the perfect dainty necklace that can be worn everyday and with pretty much any outfit! The colors match almost anything (and if not, there are 32 other colors to choose from). This has definitely been my go-to piece of jewelry for the month of May and it might just become a staple for me!
2. ColourPop Lippie Stix in “Oh Snap” – I purchased this lip color about a year ago and wasn’t the biggest fan. Something about the cool nude color made me nervous (hella out of my comfort zone) but recently I haven’t been able to put this lippie down!! The matte finish ColourPop Lippie Stix are by far my favorite formula and the nude color makes it perfect for everyday wear! And the best part is that it’s only $5!
3. DIFF Eyewear Dime II Tortoise Frame Blue Mirror Polarized Lens – I’m sure most of y’all have seen this new brand popping up everywhere (I know I have) but their sunglasses are no joke! These are my favorite summer shades. The flash lenses are perfectly on trend and I can never resist a good tortoise shell frame! These would be the perfect addition to a beach trip or even if you’re out running errands.
4. Pretty Little Liars – GIRRLLL! This show has me constantly on my toes (and trying to figure out who is related to who…?). But let’s not talk about the fact that the show is coming to an end… I don’t think my heart can take it.
5. Birkenstock Mayari sandal in Golden Brown – I know these are literally everywhere but they are worth the hype! I just recently bought my own pair (late to the trend train but oh well) and they are extremely comfortable! I go almost everywhere in these and they go with basically any outfit.
6. Tory Burch Eau de Parfum Spray – I’m horrible at describing scents so I’ll spare myself the embarrassment. It’s floral and citrus-y but very girly and I love it! I’ll wear this scent to work, to the grocery store, and then out to dinner.
7. Corkcicle 25oz. Canteen in Turquoise – I love drinking ice-cold water throughout the day so I fill this up every morning and take it everywhere I go. It keeps drinks cold all day long and its large enough that I only have to fill it once or twice throughout the day! And the best part is that it can fit an entire bottle of wine!
8. Burt’s Bees Lip Balm in Vanilla Bean – I’ve always been sort of addicted to using chapstick (I know.. its weird). I apply chapstick several times a day and it is always the final step of my nightly skin care routine so I’ve tried my fair share of chapsticks. This is by far my favorite one at the moment because its super moisturizing and keeps my lips nice and smooth. And also because it smells like sugar cookies!
9. Soap & Glory Scrub of Your Life Body Buffer – The warmer months are upon us and for me that means shorts and tank tops all day everyday. I’ve been using this stuff like crazy because not only does it keep your skin nice and smooth but it also smells incredible!
10. The Search for Everything- John Mayer – My main man John has done it again. Like all of his other albums I’m completely obsessed with this one (I may or may not be listening to it as I’m writing this lol). The album still has a lot of his old style to it but features some new pop influences that I wasn’t sure about at first but they have definitely grown on me!
1. ColourPop Lippie Stix in Scandy – I have been using and abusing this neon pink lipstick all month long. I’ve worn it to a wedding, a baby shower, and even just to run errands. It is the perfect pop of color for any spring outfit!
2. Grace and Frankie on Netflix – I was weary about watching this at first. I was unsure if I would be able to relate due to the cast being much older than I am, but I gave it a try and literally could not be more obsessed with this show. Everything about it is so perfect and funny. If you’re looking for a new binge-worthy show to watch, give this one a chance, I promise you won’t regret it!
3. Malibu by Miley Cyrus – In my opinion, Miley has always been one of the most talented artists around. Even during her “wild” phase she still continued to put out stellar hits like “We Can’t Stop” and “Wrecking ball”. Not to mention her covers of “Jolene” and “You’re Going to make me Lonesome” have always been mesmerizing to me, so when she announced she was coming out with a new album I couldn’t have been more excited. And let me tell you, I was NOT disappointed. Malibu was everything I was looking forward to and more!
4. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Medium Brown – A classic go to for me. Because my eyebrows are so dark, but not quite black, i’ve always had a problem matching brow pencils to my brow color. So when I found a shade that matched as perfect as the ABH medium brown Brow Wiz, I was hooked!!
5. OGX Anti-frizz Hydrating Kukui Oil – I have never been one to use any type of hair product (besides the usual shampoo, conditioner, hairspray, etc.) but living in SC the humidity has taken a toll on my hair. Finding this oil on one of my weekly walks down the aisles of target really saved my life! (well maybe just my hair’s life but who’s fact checking anyways?)
6. JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker in Squad – This is a recent purchase for me but I have NOT stopped using it since it was purchased!!! It is perfect for lounging by the pool or hanging out at the beach because it is water and sand proof! My suggestion is to grab one today and be better prepared for every vacay you have planned this summer!!
7. Boys South of the Mason Dixon by Abbi Glines – This book was everything. If there is anything you need to know about me it is that I am an avid but critical reader and Abbi Glines knows how to write a swoon-worthy southern romance novel! (I might would even go as far as saying she is my favorite author) If you haven’t already done so go check her out, you won’t be disappointed.
8. Adidas NMD R1 in Glitch Camo Medium Grey – My idea of sneakers has always been a worn pair of vans so when my husband introduced me to these shoes I was kind of skeptical. But then I tried them and I have been hooked ever since… like I now own 5 pairs “hooked”.
9. Mossimo Women’s Lace Up One Piece in Green Earth – I have never been a one-piece kind of gal. That is until I tried on this one from Target! (Again, another unnecessary trip to Target, I know… don’t judge) Now I can’t stop buying them. But this one is by far my favorite!
10. Atlanta Braves Baseball Hat – This one is just a given. I am a HUGE Braves fan and I am lazy when it comes to my hair. Put two and two together and that is why this is one of my May favorites. (If not one of my all time favorites!)
There you have it y’all! Our first ever Monthly Favorites post! If you are enjoying any of these products as much as we are lets us know in the comments section below!
Until next time,