Although July is not necessarily the best month (that would be August, because HELLO, it’s our birth month) it is pretty high up on the list! July is full of sunshine, beach trips, and fireworks. What can be better than that? Because this month has been full of vacations for both of us, we’ve been taking it easy and sticking with the products we know and love! As a result, we don’t have as many new favorites this month as we have in the past (but we know you can forgive us, right?).
1. e.l.f. Blush Brush – I bought this brush a few months ago and at first I struggled with what I would use it for. I wasn’t the biggest fan of using it as a blush brush but as soon as I used it to apply my highlight I was obsessed! It’s the perfect size for hitting the tops of the cheekbones and the brush itself is super soft! Plus this brush is only $3 so there’s no reason not to buy it!
2. Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer – I’ve heard so many people raving about this bronzer for years but I never tried it until recently. And OMG I had no idea what I was missing! This bronzer is so smooth and applies so evenly! I’ve been using this to warm up my face and I apply a little bit to my cheeks for a sunkissed bronzy look! This is the bronzer that I’ve been wearing pretty much every day for the month of July.
3. Pacifica Hirvana Leave-On Detangling Conditioner – Y’all this stuff is bomb! My sister let me try this out while I was on my vacation at Lake Keowee and my hair has never been so soft and silky! This product has quickly replaced my everyday conditioner and it smells heavenly!
4. Shameless on Netflix – I must admit that this is my guilty pleasure show (I may or may not be watching it as I’m writing this post). I actually didn’t love the show when I first started watching it but after a few episodes I got sucked into the storyline and I can’t stop watching! It’s a little out there and almost like a train wreck that you can’t look away from lol.
5. kris nations Mystic Bar Necklace – I got this necklace in my Summer FabFitFun Box and I’ve been wearing it non-stop! It’s the perfect everyday necklace and it goes with basically everything!
6. Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Eau do Toilette – This perfume has been one of my staples for about a year now and I’ve been wearing this pretty much everyday for the last few months! It’s the perfect summer floral scent!
7. Avene Ultra-Light Hydrating Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50+ (Face) – This was another FabFitFun find and I’ve spoken about this in my unboxing post (here) but this sunscreen is perfect for my sensitive skin! I always struggle when it comes to finding skincare products that won’t break me out so when I tried this one and it didn’t cause any break outs I was hooked! I use this all the time whether I’m going to the lake or laying by the pool!
8. Air Repair Complexion-Boosting Moisturizer – And here’s yet another skincare product. I started using this moisturizer a couple months ago after receiving it in my Ipsy bag. I went through the Ipsy sample super quick and could already tell that my breakouts were clearing up and my skin tone seemed to even out a little bit! Usually when I try a new skincare product I don’t actually see results but with this one I felt like my skin looked so much better after using it for just a few days! And when I looked it up I was pleased to find out that Target sells it on their website for only $20 (which is about half the price of normal moisturizers that claim to do the same things). I have Ipsy to thank for this new staple of mine!
1. Merona Women’s Margo Pearl Slide Sandals – I originally fell in love with the Steve Madden Jole Sandals about a month ago. However, I spent the past month really “trying” to save a few extra dollars for my cruise, so I didn’t want to spend $60 plus dollars on them. Fast forward to one of my many trips to Target where I came across this perfect dupe. I feel like I honestly haven’t taken them off since! They are super comfortable and as much as I thought I wanted them in nude, (Target didn’t make them in this color) black is always my go to color when it comes to fashion so it was super easy for these to quickly become my favorite sandals.
2. The Ranch on Netflix – When this show first came out a few seasons ago, I wasn’t sure how I would feel about it, I mean it really seemed to be such a “guys show”. But I gave it a chance being that I used to love That 70’s Show (because this is honestly just a mini That 70’s Show reunion) and per-usual, I’m super happy I did. It is hilarious. Just like in That 70’s Show, Danny Masterson’s dry humor works perfectly with Ashton Kutcher’s cluelessness. If you need something new to binge watch and want a good laugh, watch this, you won’t regret it!
3. Elf BB Cream with SPF 20 in Nude – I’ve never really used BB creams in the past. Its usually full foundation or nothing for me. But after trying this (very affordable) one out, I’m really just wondering where it has been all my life!? It is perfect for my no make up make up look and the fact that it has SPF in it makes it even more perfect for the summer!
4. Buxom Full-On Lip Cream in Hot Toddy – I will honestly say I am not normally a lip gloss kinda girl however I switch between Buxom’s Hot Toddy and White Russian Full-On Lip Cream quite often when I do want a gloss. I usually keep White Russian in my purse however lately I’ve been reaching more for Hot Toddy. I love to wear it on it’s own, or pair it over a nude lippie.
5. Once and For All by Sarah Dessen – I have been a HUGE Sarah Dessen fan since middle school and although I grew out of that “teen romance” genre, I never grew out of Sarah Dessen’s novels. She is a genius when it comes to realistic/relatable romance stories. I always count down the days until her newest release. If you’ve never read one of her novels, drop everything and start reading!
6. Tory Burch Thea metallic Multi Task Smartphone Wristlet – This was another purchase for my cruise that I just so happened to start “testing” out before the cruise. I usually have a hard time finding a “smartphone” wristlet that allows me to keep my phone case on and still completely zip the wristlet up. This one is perfect though, I have plenty of room for my phone and cards!
7. Last Chance U on Netflix – I know, I know.. TWO Netflix series in ONE month. I can’t help it, I just couldn’t choose one. But I will say if there is one thing you need to know about me it is that I am a sports fanatic (especially collegiate sports *cough* GO GAMECOCKS!!!!). Last year my husband Jared started watching this short docu-series on Netflix about a JUCO football team that was known for giving talented athletes that messed up a second chance and I was like why? (He knows it’s all about the SEC in my world). However he convinced me to watch it and I was hooked (that’s an understatement to say the least). I have been impatiently waiting since the day we finished the first season for the next one to come out. Now that it is finally here and we have already finished it (it’s sadly only 8, hour long episodes), I am back at square one waiting for the next season (hopefully there will be another season with EMCC’s Athletic Administrator and my personal favorite, Brittany Wagner leaving the school).
8. L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara – This Mascara is totally worth the hype it’s been getting lately. I am always on the hunt for a good mascara so I was super happy when I heard everyone raving about this. I ended up getting both regular and waterproof (again, for my cruise) and so far am loving them both! The wand reminds me of Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara which I love because it doesn’t make my lashes clump together. Hands down one of my favorite mascaras right now!
Well there y’all have it, another monthly favs in the books! Hope y’all enjoyed it and let us know what some of your favorites this month have been in the comments below!
Until next time,